Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The O'Dell Brothers Bracket Competition





          With football season over, and baseball season yet to begin, the truly desperate are forced to deal with the sport of basketball - and even worse, college basketball. The college basketball season is incredibly long and boring and no one pays much attention to it (including the players) until it gets to the playoffs. The playoffs include 64 teams so they're pretty much unimportant as well, but include the one good thing about the college basketball season - The Bracket. People fill out these brackets, betting on the outcome of a ridiculous amount of games, and if your team loses in the first round you are pretty much screwed all the way through. 

           I don't like basketball. It's creative in it's use of a tiny amount of space, but I don't find it entertaining to watch, nor fun to play (probably because I'm terrible at it). I've only done one good thing in regards to basketball in my entire life, and that was when my younger brother (who was like 9 at the time, but is 19 and in special forces training now) had a friend over and I boasted that I was, of course, the best basketball player of all time. He chose a spot from me to shoot from, and I took the ball, walked about ten paces further than the spot he picked, and hurled the ball with one hand over my head and directly into the basket. I knew this was a true O'Dellicious moment that could never be repeated and therefore wisely never played basketball again. 

          Anyway, while I may not like basketball, I love competition. Because of this, Clayton and I have decided to fill out our own brackets via a very scientific algorithm: the coin flip. It's simple really, we just each took a bracket and went through each match up - heads, the top team wins, tails, the bottom team wins. Fantastically enough, though we each did this at separate times, in separate towns, without telling one another our results, we both came up with George Mason as the winner of the entire tournament. We also both came up with the same winner for ever single game in the Southeast first round. 

             I know this is small, and therefore hard to read, but I'm posting it as proof before the games begin. When it's all over we'll see who won, and who is the better basketball predictor between the two of us.

            Coming next week! The O'Dellicious Celebrity Bracket 2011! 32 celebrities compete in a  daily head to head battle to see which is the most O'Dellicious of them all. Be sure to check back for amazing pictures of B-list celebrities! 


Andrew's Bracket

Clayton's Bracket

1 comment:

  1. OMW I'm so excited!!! I'm still a little scared that we both ended up with George Mason, though. *prays for their first round elimination*

    ReplyDelete