Monday, March 7, 2011

Monday Placeholder

             Well, just when I was getting into the swing of things my laptop quit working again, so that slows down my blog-producing skills significantly. New ideas are percolating and developing, however, and it will only be a short matter of time before I'm churning this crap out like a mindless drone who is just typing for the pleasure of hearing the keys click. I'll be back tomorrow with my weekly H8/LV list, and we'll debut a new weekly column either this week or next week. However, as a placeholder for today (for the thousands of you who sit at the O'Dellicious blog and click refresh over and over again like Jesse Eisenberg at the end of The Social Network) I'll post an amazing video that I've watched about a dozen times over the past week. In fact, just yesterday, David and I pulled it up full screen on his laptop, placed our faces about a foot away and watched the video on repeat. It is amazing. Enjoy.

               http://vimeo.com/9970489

          I first saw this on the Badass Digest, which explains what the downhill bike race is, and where it is run. Their original posting is here:

               http://www.badassdigest.com/2011/03/03/incredible-pov-shot-of-crazy-downhill-bike-course

           Seriously, you have to watch this.

2 comments:

  1. 2 questions about the video(in hopes that I am not alone in thinking this):
    1)Is he in a pin-striped suit? Joke...?
    2)Did you constantly tilt your head up, trying to see further ahead of the bike?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading what I wrote it may look like I was asking if the man, wearing a pin-striped suit, was doing it as a joke.
    For clarification, I was saying that my question may or may not be a joke, depending on how irrational it sounds.

    ReplyDelete